Mechanised Traffic


I was traveling westbound on an uphill multi-lane road around sunset and an elderly lady (crazy old bat) in one of these hoverounds things zipped out of a side street and proceeded down the bike lane against traffic. Besides totally freaking me out I was outraged that this person would take others safety, not just hers into her hands. I called 311 and reported her but saw her later about four blocks away still in the mechanised chair and in the pedestrian walk.
The real debate part of this rant is that this particular woman is not the first one i have encountered in traffic doing this stupid violation of the law. The Norwegian says that they should be licensed for the road as they are true mechanised traffic. I was thinking due to their low speed capacity they should remain on the sidewalk. What do others think?

Comments