OB Apllicatorless Tampons Discontinued

I am moving this from my FaceBook Page due to the advice from a good maternal friend. I am including the comments from friends and my responses and encourage more.

Oh joy! My favourite feminine hygiene product, OB, has been DISCONTINUED by Johnson & Johnson!!! It is a darn good product too! They HAVE GOT TO BE TOLD WHAT IS UP! Their PEARL product STINKS.

Marie Don't you just hate when something's working for you and TPTB decide "oh well, hardly anyone is buying THIS product, let's just discontinue it!" I have a similar problem in that there's really just one Shick razor I can use without scrapi...ng the hell out of myself, and its the that is usually purple and white or flowered and white... if you look for its razors, they are either under stocked or completely gone.

I had to start searching on Amazon and eBay for this particular razor. (actual name eludes me, will have to get one of my razor packs to know for sure lol) And once they're totally gone, guess I'm going to be hairy because every, yes EVERY other razor on the market either cuts the hell out of me or scrapes my skin badly.
Yesterday at 9:53am

Heleva
I called OB this morning (in need) looking for the Ultra size thinking that living in the land of misogyny the product was not approved by the Elders for women folk only to find that it was the EVIL McNeil Labs who decided to stop manufacturing of ALL OB products completely. I say we pitch in and buy a Tampon manufacturing business. Woman owned for Women! Yesterday at 10:14am

Heleva So I am searching on Ebay and other sites for 40 count boxes of Ultras and I am currently outbid on 4 boxes for $50. That says something.Yesterday at 10:24am

Marie
Sounds good to me! But I'm a pad girl.. long and very personal story lol. Though I've been tempted to go with a reusable environmentally better product, as that would dovetail with my environmental hopes far better than adding to the endles...s mounds of trash.

I tried The Cup..and either I'm totally clueless or something.. it got STUCK! Had to yelp for the hubs to come and help me remove it lol.. about died of embarrassment, to say the least. Decided that particular product was NOT intended for someone like myself.
Yesterday at 10:24am

Heleva What is the alternative? Surgical packing?
Yesterday at 10:24am

Heleva I tried the menstrual cups and discovered I am smaller in diameter than the "one size fits all" package.
Yesterday at 10:26am

Marie LOL That sounds like my problem, damn thing got stuck. Frigging embarrassing to need assistance with something so otherwise normal.

Have you ever had an experience with a tampon wherein an incredibly short amount of time you realize your bo...dy is pushing the thing OUT? And you're having this agonizing back ache the entire time said product is inserted? That was my problem. (and my sister's as well)

So I have been stuck with pads my entire life, despite the misery and embarrassment of leakage/overflow and usually only the ones for the heaviest flow controls me the entire time I cycle. (initially that was 7-10 days of utter misery, complete with excessive bloating, chills, fever, very fatigued feeling, headache, back to front cramps from the lowest regions of the proverbial hell. After going sexual things got somewhat better lol and now, 41, after 2 pregnancies and possibly the beginnings of 'Change Of Life', its about 5 days of actual messy misery with a good week before of nausea, tiredness, crankiness, bloat and all that other fun stuff.)
Yesterday at 10:32am

Heleva I have continual heavy flow until it just stops. I have finally met with a female Gynecologist who is awesome and said get the lining lasered and the flow would be less. However, getting laid off I lost my insurance. So, back to the old ...drawing board. I really wish these services were part of the normal "Women's Health Care" packages for non-procreative women. I wouldn't mind paying out of pocket if things were packaged affordibly and not for the increase to meet the difference between cost and insurance allotments. Quelle Dommage Marie!
Yesterday at 10:40am

Marie I need to get something to eat, you take care Heleva! Was great to chat with you! :)Yesterday at 10:46am

Heleva Fun chatting with you again Marie. Enjoy your meal!Yesterday at 10:47am

Summer Ok, now the word I heard was that they would be out of manufactering for a while because they needed to... I don't know... retrofit some factory somewhere... but that they plan to bring Ultras back as soon as they can.

What is this about al...l OB products though? I didn't think this affected the other absorbancies.
20 hours ago

Heleva I called them (McNeil Labs) this morning and was told that they are discontinuing ALL OB products. They have been absorbed by Johnson & Johnson and are in direct competition with the Big J&J pet products. I still say that the J&J's etc are inferior and applicators are environmentally unfriendly. I hike ALOT!
20 hours ago

Summer http://m.jezebel.com/5681837/bloody-hell-my-favorite-tampon-has-been-discontinued

Here's what I heard. Says they are still making the other OBs...
20 hours ago


Heleva The information I gathered was FROM McNeil Labs today. They said the WHOLE line will be discontinued. Right now they are sending surplus of the other sizes out to fill orders. So already the disinformation campaign has begun.18 hours ago

Comments

  1. As of 14:00 Hours on November 10, 2010, The seven Ebay auctions for boxes of Ultra OB Tampons on my watch list have gone as follows:
    4 Boxes OB O.B. Tampons ULTRA New
    Member id taxemx is up to $114.49 US

    OB Ultra Tampons
    Member id cedman64 is up to $104.02 US

    4 Boxes OB O.B. Tampons ULTRA New
    Member id taxemx is up to $62.00 US

    O.B. OB ULTRA TAMPONS BOX OF 40 HARD TO FIND
    Member id lynnesbins Is up to $16.25 US


    O.B. OB ULTRA TAMPONS BOX OF 40 HARD TO FIND
    Member id lynnesbins Is up to $15.99 US


    **(4) Boxes** OB Ultra Tampons
    Member id cedman64 Is up to $53.15 US

    Item picture

    OB Ultra Tampons
    Member id cedman64 Ended at $41.99

    Think about it, some of these are for ONE BOX of 20 count Tampons not even a 40 count box!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please help us bring back the OB Ultra Tampons!!

    Visit our site and sign our petition please and boycott J&J products with us.

    Thank you for any help you can offer.

    Leave suggestions and alternatives, we greatly appreciate it!!


    www.obultratampons.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found today, Seventh Generation Brand (Sun Harvest, Whole foods, HEB, New Flour, Central Market) has a chlorine free organic NO APPLICATOR. Bought, an low and behold... looks just like an OB!!! and not for too much more!!! GREEN ALTERNATIVE!!!! or only option at this point since the discontinued it!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment