Insomnica Musings




The cats and I just finished eating cold left-over Chinese food. While they can perform their after dinner bath, I am online trying to figure out how to fall asleep. As the Norwegian is fond of quoting James Herriot, " Cats are connoisseurs of comfort". Is my lack of sleep because I can't get comfortable?
The damnable fuzzy pigs are already nesting down to greet Morpheus. I am envious. I want to curl up and nuzzle my face against the Norwegian's back and sink into the feather bed but I know within a few minuets my brain will start jumping between worries, duties not performed, the need for a little roll and the fate of the world as it is. Its unfair to the Norwegian to be such a whirligig in bed when he needs to sleep more than I do. When I was first diagnosed with Lupus I was placed on prednisone. That wound me up the same way I am now without benefit of drug. This is so nonproductive - it sucks!
So, is this stress or a flair yet to fully manifest? Do I name this my current nemesis?





The Badcat Family Kitty Crew: Baby Manfred Baby Badcat, Pounce de Leon (dinky girl), Papillion T. (that stands for Turd) Badcat, Mikee (the Shredder) Cogstahl badcat, El Gordo Orange slug Longshanks Pink badcat, Poppette Liquide Onyx Badcat and Pal Joey Badcat. All felines are rescues.



Comments